[Spridgets] Front Springs

Subject: [Spridgets] Front Springs
From: homehandy at sbcglobal.net (Jeff Kelly)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:33:58 -0500
References: <BANLkTimN-7G5DDxT-3NaW_mBGMNK8_3BKw@mail.gmail.com><BANLkTi=E=VVoLWABnYEwBBOKpf15H8-vUA@mail.gmail.com><68C6E167F6204816B48EAC4A4681380F@personal><8CDE2E3D66616B9-A2C-4C30@webmail-d047.sysops.aol.com><BANLkTin5moKcLHrOvOBmA4ri7+-0SMcEwg@mail.gmail.com><BANLkTimMWziK3-dSp9dqCODeh8m12B2o6w@mail.gmail.com><4DD2DC0C.3000204@dinospider.com><BANLkTimSDd1t5SmDxPVbErRLiE8dc7YA5g@mail.gmail.com><005b01cc1502$38745e10$a95d1a30$@net> <02f401cc1513$3f9edec0$bedc9c40$@rr.com>
Jim,
Small world.  I worked corners at VIR in the late 60's. We probably crossed
paths there.

I was working the corner at the end of the back straight (don't remember
numbers) and watched as John Kelly, lost brakes at the end of the straight
and took the Group 44 Spitfire off track, and rode the tree tops down over
the hill about 50 yards. Car looked good when they drug it out, but the
underneath was wiped clean.

I was back to VIR in 2005, boy is that a nice facility now. Remembering the
lack of back in the early days.

Jeff Kelly  (No relation to John)