[Spridgets] Brakes

Subject: [Spridgets] Brakes
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:57:27 -0700
I had a perplexing problem with my brakes.  It turned out that although the
cup like seal in the brake side felt flexible and looked to be alright, that
it was not holding pressure.  I discovered this when I changed it out with
the clutch side and then lost pressure to the clutch (the brakes then began
to work fine).  A lesson learned for me.  . that a seal can look to be
alright, but it can also go bad and not hold pressure.  I replaced it with a
new one a couple of years ago and it has all been working fine since.

I have only used the Gunson for bleeding . . and I love the thing.  Makes
for quick work with one person bleeding the brakes as opposed to getting the
wife out of the house to do a two person job.  Great invention.  (It;s
always too much of a hassle to get the wife out of the house into the garage
to do anything.  . yeah she'll be there in a minute which turns to 15
minutes while I am still waiting).

I also have a Mity Vac that was worthless for me . . must have been because
I was not using it correctly?  But the Gunson really does the job . . and
does so very quickly.

Kirk

59 1275