Re: [Spridgets] Obama Genius, Etc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Obama Genius, Etc
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
You guys are hanging out with idiots. I know and hire very many Ph.Ds who are
extremely productive, practical and,um, not prone to stereotyping people.
Severla have invented and developed technologies and products that have
changed your life and in some cases saved it or that of a love one. I happen
to know one who is a renowned materials physicist, great musician,
house/barn/amplifier wirer, medal-winning horseman, and all-around great
brother, Dr. Bob.

--- On Mon, 6/6/11, b-evans@earthlink.net

<b-evans@earthlink.net>
spridgets@autox.team.net
> Date: Monday, June 6, 2011, 11:59 PM
> Jim Johnson
wrote:  bWorked with
> a guy in Houston who had 4 separate PhD's
> by the time
he was 22. And they were in math and science!!
> We had to help him
> tie his
shoes
> and occasionally had to go show him how to get to where he
> lived.b&b
>
> Ah, you were lucky, Jim.  After careers, among others,
> as a newspaper
reporter
> and editor, and as a cop, I went back to school to get my
> BA and
> degrees.  After that I found myself on the history
> faculty at a
major
> university with 1,200 PhD.  Now it must be remembered
> that a PhD
simply means
> that the person has simply done further study of a VERY

narrow subject within
> their discipline.  (Mine was the influence on

Congressmen from districts with
> large free and slave negroes when voting on
race-related
> issues from
> 1830-1860.)   For myself, I forbid my
> students
from addressing me as either
> bDoctorb or bProfessorb.  bMr.b was fine by
me.
> (At one point, we
> hired a new Academic VP who refused to address
anyone as
> bDoctorb unless
> the person was a MEDICAL doctor.  Unfortunately,
too
> many PhDbs let their
> ego take control, and they believe they are
expert on ALL
> issues, even outside
> their discipline.  (Remember, those who
teach in