Re: [Spridgets] Likely Pilot Bushing problem + cam question

To: Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Likely Pilot Bushing problem + cam question
From: Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:20:18 -0400
On Jun 17, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Steven Guterman wrote:

> Kevin
>
> The car drove OK for about 30 miles.  I then could not get it into
> any gear after a stop sign. I was able to start it in 1st gear and
> by shifting carefully got it home.  It is more of a creeping, I can
> still definitely feel a difference when I lift the clutch and it
> engages.

Is it making any noise when you have the clutch pedal pushed in?  Any
squealing? Any vibration?  Do you smell the clutch burning?

Usually the pilot bushing will not keep the car moving when the
clutch is depressed.  I'd lean more towards insufficient movement of
the throw-out bearing.  That can be caused by air in the system, a
bad master or slave cylinder, a bent clutch fork, a short or worn
push rod at the master or the slave,  or  worn parts in the
connections of the push rods. (to name a few).

Kevin V.
Tuscarora, Pa

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75