[Spridgets] SU help needed

Subject: [Spridgets] SU help needed
From: crusaderchuck at yahoo.com (charles christ)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 03:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
well others have said it pretty well.    it's unusual for a su to have the
piston get stuck in the top part of the carb.    it had to sit with water in
the
thing for quite a bit to displace the oil that would usually be in it and
allow
enough time for the piston to corrode enough to sieze itself to both
the brass
bit on the top cap as well as the top part of the carb.    if you
get it apart
i'm willing to bet the pieces you extract will be of no use any
longer even
after you clean them up.
while the tolerances between the piston
and top piece as well as the piston or
dampner are rather vauge or loose ,
i'm positive these bits are pretty much a
shop shelf conversation piece
now.    i just brought a box of used bits and
pieces of su carbs from my old
shop.  to my horror the shop's roof has begun to
leak and i'm fearing seeing
what the mess of parts has turned into.  i saw
enough corrosion at a glance
to make me just load the parts into my van for
attention another day.    i
might have a good pair of pistons and tops.   i need
to look later today or
tomorrow if you are interested.

chuck.