Re: [Spridgets] Getting ready to pull engine and change cam

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Steven Guterman
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Getting ready to pull engine and change cam
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,
There wasn't a high compression head. The difference between the high and low
compression engines was the piston dish volume. In any case the 266 cam would
be the best choice for the street. We spend far more time below 4K than above,
and being able to pull away smoothly from 1K without racing the engine is a
beautiful thing.
Regarding the clutch, I would spend some more time diagnosing the hydraulics
and linkage before pulling the lump.
John
Fogelsville, PA