[Spridgets] Getting ready to pull engine and change cam

Subject: [Spridgets] Getting ready to pull engine and change cam
From: an5.sprite at gmail.com (Steven Guterman)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:32:54 -0400
David,

Did you use the stock cam timing when you installed the 266?  From my
reading it seems that the stock cam timing is 4 degrees retarded, and that
can be "fixed" using an 4 degree offset cam key.  I suspect that should make
a noticeable difference.

Anyone know what impact 4 degrees has on cam timing?

One reason I did look at the sw5-07 kit is that it includes an adjustable
cam timing gear, which makes it well priced.

Back to the clutch problems, hydraulics look in order but the clutch fork at
the hinge has a little bit of movement, more play than I remember,

Steve