[Spridgets] Toyota Troubles

Subject: [Spridgets] Toyota Troubles
From: corvallis at peoplepc.com (corvallis at peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:12:20 -0700
I googled this subject.
Here is what a set of rear "quick" struts cost.
http://tinyurl.com/3da7arv
They're called quick because you don't need to change out the shock inside
the spring using a spring compressor. Don't try that.
You can rent a torque wrench. Failing that, use a breaker arm and a cheater
bar.  100 foot-pounds = a one foot bar with 100 pounds of force ...or a two
foot bar with 50 pounds of force.
It may take more that 100 foot-pounds of force to break those nuts loose as
they've 'aged' on there. (also, static friction is greater than kinetic
friction; that is, you're moving the nut to get 100 foot-pounds, but when it
stops moving is takes more than 100 foot-pounds to break it loose.)
Ask back here if more things crop up. ...bill in corvallis