[Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!

Subject: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!
From: billmasq at hotmail.com (Bill Masquelier)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:09:18 -0700
Drew
What year is your car?

> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> From: andrewpayne at intrex.net
> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:23:27 +0000
> Subject: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!
>
> I know I've said many times on this list that I'm about to put the new
panels in my car, but I just took the air chisel to it so this time I mean
it!
> I've braced the door openings with a 2x6 and another between the two. The
car currently sits on wheel dollys. I have removed one outer sill, the
driver's side. The floors and outer sills are badly rusted. I will replace
floors, both inner and outer sills, pillars, and many additional patches.
> Many have suggested rolling the car to its side, but I question the stresses
on the car. Does anyone have thoughts on the best order of replacement, and
how to approach the task?
> My repair manual indicates that it is best to do floors with the car resting
on the ground. I have very little good metal and little strength, with few
places to weld to in the early steps. I don't want the car to crack like an
egg.