Re: [Spridgets] Engine ID tag..

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Engine ID tag..
From: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 15:10:06 -0700
You should be able to drill out the old rivets. Center punch the center of
the rivet and drill in there with your smallest drill. You should be able to
feel it when it goes thru into the different metal of the block. Then follow
up with a larger and larger drill remembering how far you went in with the
first drill; I mark each drill with a black felt tip pen. At some point the
hole will reach a side of the rivet and it should just spin or fall out.
Are you doing a concours restoration?  ...bill in corvallis