Re: [Spridgets] Measurement help please...

To: "'Lester'" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>, "'Spridget list'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Measurement help please...
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:39:10 -0500
I don't know what the standard rubber size is around the side curtains
that is offered by the various vendors today.

What I do know is the more, the better.  The most important aspect is that
the top rubber tucks nicely under the flap in the soft top.

A long time ago I re-rubbered my side screens using generic "T" sectioned
rubber weather stripping.  I might have gotten it from MotorHead, but I
can't remember.

I think it is 1" around the top of the side screen and 2" along the bottom
edge.

Where the different rubber sizes met at the bottom corners they were bonded
together using a thin sheet of 1/16" thick rubber & cyanoacrylate adhesive.
I then trimmed the leading edge so that it fit nicely against the windshield
pillar.

I've never had any leaking issues with this setup and it has lasted many
years.

If I were to do it over again I would search McMaster or somewhere else and
try to get the same kind of "T" section rubber weather-stripping.