[Spridgets] [Philly_MG_Club] Peddler's Village

Subject: [Spridgets] [Philly_MG_Club] Peddler's Village
From: mdrowe at optonline.net (Michael Rowe)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:33:52 -0500
It is fun to hunt around town and see if you can figure out when the
satellite photos were taken.  In our case, our small aluminum skiff is
turned over on the bulkhead when all the neighbors' boats are in the water.
This is clearly in the Spring, when I was putting fiberglass patches on the
bottom.  (The boat was built in 1970 - before my RWA Midget!  It is held
together by patches.)  In another location, I can see tracks from heavy
machinery used to clear a property, which identifies the time within a few
months this year.  In contrast, the street-level view in Honolulu still
shows a single mango hanging on the tree in the front yard.  That single
mango will identify the photo and timing (end of mango season) until the
next pass of the camera.

Some months ago, we showed the street-level photos to a neighbor, whose
street is not included.  So she looked at her sister's house.  There was her
sister, walking from her car to the back door of her house with a bag of
groceries!  Our friend decided that she should not tell her sister about
that.

Michael Rowe