Re: [Spridgets] [Mgs] Plastic Headlight Restoration

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [Mgs] Plastic Headlight Restoration
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:18:21 -0600
I seem to recall in the 60s the E Type Jags had real glass in the light
covers but the NHTSA (sic) and the IIHS rejected them for import. Seems
like for a while there the imported Jags came with no covers until someone
came up with using clear plastic covers.

Supposedly the problem with the glass was they would break in an accident
(DUH!) and hurt people which you hit - like little old ladies in a cross
walk.  Never bothered me. I'm a Republican - we hate little old ladies
anyway and running over them is a lot easier than finding a cliff to push
them off....

Cheers!!
Jim

--