[Spridgets] FINALLY! Some progress to report!!

Subject: [Spridgets] FINALLY! Some progress to report!!
From: bmwwxman at gmail.com (Jim Johnson)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 17:59:39 -0600
At long last my doctor cleared me to work on the Midget as long as I don't
try to lift heavy stuff! It's been nearly 2 years since I power washed the
car and various parts and I have been unable to do any work until now.

Yesterday I got help and loaded the tub and its wooden rotisserie onto my
small trailer. I then towed it over to a friend's shop where there is a
large compressor and spent 5 hours sandblasting on the tub and front
scuttle. I hope to have everything cleaned off and ready for the body work
and panel sanding by the middle of next week!

Today I did a lot of clean-up and organization in the garage and stripped
the front fenders, bonnet and boot lid.  Still have to strip down the
doors.

Now... a bunch of this restoration work I have never done before although I
got to help with Buster's car and the Holy Sprite. One logistical problem
escapes me.  When do the fenders, bonnet, boot lid, doors and front scuttle
get paint down inside the fenders...etc?

Frankie....   I'll be calling you soon for advice on painting....   You
guys are the best!!

Cheers!!
Jim