[Spridgets] Fuel & Fuel Additives

Subject: [Spridgets] Fuel & Fuel Additives
From: cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com (CosmicMag1380)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:48:53 -0400
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM, stoney bennett <bonas420 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings Listers!

After lurking for many years on this list without a vehicle, I am
happy to say that I have finally found the car I've been looking for.
I recently brought home a '62 AN6 (thought to be original/stock) and I
am in the process of figuring her out.

That said, I have two (2) questions I am hoping to get guidance on:

1) Fuel - whats the preferred fuel (octane) for a stock 948?

2) Additives - what additive (if any) do you use when refueling?
Look at the metal tag below the #1 spark plug riveted to the block. If
it says 9CCxxxx it is the high compression engine and may do better
with the mid or high grade fuel. The other 9C? designators mean a low
compression engine...

No fuel additive is necessary with a stock engine. You probably can't
put enough unleaded fuel through it to mess the valve seats up if they
are in decent shape to start with.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye