[Spridgets] Fuel & Fuel Additives

Subject: [Spridgets] Fuel & Fuel Additives
From: uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com (uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:27:17 -0700 (PDT)
I have run my motor for 7 years with no lead additive.
The guy i bought my car from had it for 10 years - no lead additive.
His dad owned the from 1973 and never ran a lead additive.
I am not sure about the others in the group have experienced.
But my motor is stock and it was just taken apart for a rebuild.
The motor showed no wear on the valves , a little on the mains .
The cylinder walls were so nice they did not need to be bored out.
It was just hit lightly with a hon to clean them up.
I am running stock pistons in the motor again.
So n my opinion the additive is not needed.
If you have a street race motor you may need to harden the seats or run an
additive.
I am not sure it is even need with those motors.
I am curious how many people run a lead additive.
I know most people in my area i have talked to say it is not necessary.

Vigil