[Spridgets] Have fiberglass front for box spridget - want to front m oun

Subject: [Spridgets] Have fiberglass front for box spridget - want to front m ount
From: mgmaven at bellsouth.net (Bob Spruck)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:50:16 -0400
I, too, have been thinking of making a tilting front end. I 'd like to
do it just so I can say I did. I'm thinking it would be cool on my '67
vintage race car and maybe even on my '72 street/show car. Almost all
the Bugeyes at the races have converted to front tilt.

I don't have a one piece fiberglass front end, so am thinking of bolting
or welding the hood and the fenders together and adding a cross brace
above the battery. Of course, fiberglass wouldn't be allowed for the
vintage racer. I also really want to use Spitfire latches on the fender
wings rather than rubber snubbers or hood pins. And, I will have to move
the oil cooler from below the radiator or at least re-route the braided
lines to it. I am thinking of starting with the stock bumper mounting
brackets that affix to the frame horns. They are stout and appear to be
in the right position.

Anybody have any experience or advice? If I do it and it works, I will
document it with text and photos.

Bob