Re: [Spridgets] Have fiberglass front for box spridget - want to front m

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Have fiberglass front for box spridget - want to front m ount
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:50:16 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s1024; t=1335567057; bh=Fhc+1uVR4Go5qnW1hPmFL5pc46GLN3eZvXWmXcma3dE=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=WOlYUibgcpoUm0A1s70NYAUTGWAXzkIRoqwbFs2TuCCykjseZmwKlEE/+MZFot4iST/Tvh1rwL5Cx/Z7xJVH0UHxIDJXvGMJUCGo6Dm0b3AQkHA4lKUo3cvKvarTl8CaB37hVb9O7uKqAzOl20rq1pvlsNqeWrzK6jFXZX2jR9Q=
Sender: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
I, too, have been thinking of making a tilting front end. I 'd like to do it just so I can say I did. I'm thinking it would be cool on my '67 vintage race car and maybe even on my '72 street/show car. Almost all the Bugeyes at the races have converted to front tilt.

I don't have a one piece fiberglass front end, so am thinking of bolting or welding the hood and the fenders together and adding a cross brace above the battery. Of course, fiberglass wouldn't be allowed for the vintage racer. I also really want to use Spitfire latches on the fender wings rather than rubber snubbers or hood pins. And, I will have to move the oil cooler from below the radiator or at least re-route the braided lines to it. I am thinking of starting with the stock bumper mounting brackets that affix to the frame horns. They are stout and appear to be in the right position.

Anybody have any experience or advice? If I do it and it works, I will document it with text and photos.

Bob