Re: [Spridgets] Distributor Rebuild

To: Doug Altman <doug_altman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Distributor Rebuild
From: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 11:26:00 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
So Doug, you got your car out of storage.  Does this mean it's safe to put my
snowblower *in* storage?  :-)  We've had big snow in May before.  LOL

Good news on your distributor.  Did Jeff give you any indication as to what he
did to it?  New bushing?  Recurve?

Rick in Frankenmuth

Sent from my keyboard

On May 5, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Doug Altman <doug_altman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Guys and Gals - Remember at Elkhart Lake we had a talk by Jeff Schlemmer
from
> Advanced Distributors?  Well, last fall when I put the Bugeye away for the
> winter, I sent my stock Lucas DM2 PH4 to Jeff to rebuild.  I just got the
car
> out of storage, installed the distributor, and started and drove the car.
> WOW!!  What a difference!  I thought it was running well last fall when I
put
> it away, but I can't believe the difference!  It started without choking,
ran
> with little hesitation when cold, the pick-up and performance at
temperature
> was improved substantially, the engine ran smoother, and it ran cooler!
That
> was the best $100 I ever spent!  I would recommend that if you have any
> concerns about the condition or performance of your distributor, send it to
> Jeff.  You will be amazed.  Disclaimer: No financial interest, yada, yada,
> yada...       Doug Altman    ....o~'o

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75