Re: [Spridgets] Body work without filler video....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Body work without filler video....
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:08:59 -0800
Lin,

Good technique. I'm an another forum with a number of Kiwis, so I learned
about the slapper a few years ago. There a re a LOT of great old British cars
there, so plenty to keep them busy with panel beating. I have always repaired
panels this way, but still learned a couple new tricks.

You won't be able to use this technique on your A-post though because that's a
closed panel and no way to get behind the dent with a dolly. Your best bet is
to use a "nail gun" which is professional tool that welds little spikes or
nails to the dent. You then use a special slide hammer to pull out the dent.
It does require removing all the paint from the surface where the nails go and
will require some filler since you can't use the dolly.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/hrdp_0607_dents/photo_23.html

Gerard

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive