[Spridgets] Alternator Conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net (Win)/7.1.4_GA_2555)
Subject: [Spridgets] Alternator Conversion
From: cmlove@knology.net
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=NM-2Wi9R0k4A:10 a=DA-v0VzzAAAA:8 a=K-v-2zaBAAAA:8 a=SSd2PDc_r3QA:10 a=xY9EvjbYRFeo4PTYG3AA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=aKKmP24cagrQEurAj0QA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=0sCcJJfCGNM8vwGFjuBQtw==:117
I know this has probably been beat to death, but I am converting my alternator
to a one wire GM alternator like the ones used on a 78 Camaro. I have read a
lot of internet pages that talk about having to take it apart and shift the
back of the case 180 degrees to get the mounting holes in a proper place for
mounting. Has anyone done this? Is it hard to do? I never have so Ibm a
little nervous about it.

Is there another alternator that is a direct fit or better fit that I should
be using?

Thanks for the help.

1972 Midget coming back together.

Monty Love