Re: [Spridgets] Alternator Conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Alternator Conversion
From: <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 19:39:55 +0000
Yes, that's the one.  From previous experience, I learned two things with this
model.

As always with working with alternators vs generators, don't accidentally
disconnect the lead to the battery while it is running.  The replacement
module cost me as much as what I paid for the alternator.

Also, I didn't do the twist of the case.  Instead I decided to take my grinder
to the alternator mounting ear and create a slot to match the mount ear on my
1275.  You might want to tape up the cooling fins to keep the shrapnel out of
the inner workings and bearings.

I think I gave Ed a photo of it a while back to post.

Chris

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive