[Spridgets] Facet Pump Installation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Facet Pump Installation
From: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:03:08 -0500
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=TitBqE/gxYq7W42iqvAkcQ==:117 a=TitBqE/gxYq7W42iqvAkcQ==:17 a=K-v-2zaBAAAA:8 a=KMUqRZBTGbEA:10 a=_VnqN573AAAA:8 a=nrEXff1I6aEA:10 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=9iDbn-4jx3cA:10 a=cKsnjEOsciEA:10 a=Huxr15pgNOnl3k4kafkA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=cBywufLMbPoipMfmnHQA:9 a=TtbgyNACJPrSSDa3:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10
Guys and Gals,

    It`s been a while since I posted anything on the list. Let me get the
unpleasant business over first. Some of you know my wife, Sandy, from the
local events. I`m sorry to say that she passed away in May after a year-long
battle with cancer. She was my best friend and love for over 50 years, and a
pretty good helper with the cars. I miss that girl plenty.

     Anyway, reading your comments about advantages of the Facet pump, I`m
thinking about putting one on the Bug. This looks pretty simple, but nothing
ends up simple and I have some questions maybe somebody can help with:

     The Facet pump has 5/16" fittings. I should know, but this looks larger
than what`s there. Before I cut line and end up replacing the whole business,
what is the size of the stock solid fuel pipe on the Bugeye? If 5/16" is too
large, is there a way to adapt to a smaller pipe?

     Where do you attach the hot wire, at the ignition switched terminal fuse
box or at the switch?

      Can I leave the mechanical pump in place and pump through it, or is it
better to remove it and splice the line with a rubber hose?

Thanks.

Bert Shirey
60 Bugeye/66 Midget 1098

spridgets@autox.team.net