Re: [Spridgets] While we are discussing prop rods

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] While we are discussing prop rods
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 20:49:03 -0400
I agree. I always hated to put a strain on one side of the bonnet and
see the other drooping and applying pressure on the hinges. On both my
67 vintage racer and my 72 street/show car, I use broomsticks that open
the bonnet the maximum amount without putting pressure on the hinges. I
also anchor them in the little cup on the panel in front of the radiator
and one of the holes in the cross brace on the bonnet. I don't want that
heavy bonnet blown by the wind or knocked by a well meaning crewman and
falling on my head or fingers. I painted them bright yellow to make it
harder to loose them and they fit nicely in the boot or across the
interior between the rear wheel wells.

If anyone insists on the proper arrangement, I have a few unobtainable
rods, clips, and brackets as well as the slider type on my 9 parts cars.

To continue the thread, anybody have anything to say about the boot prop
rod?

Bob

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive