Re: [Spridgets] Thick head gasket

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thick head gasket
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:29:57 GMT
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Your other option would be putting a 1098 head on (12g295 or 12g202 I believe)
after milling it to achieve the CR that you'd like. I had to take 0.080" off
my 12g295 to bring my 948 with flattops up to 10:1 (stock deck height), but it
does have larger intake valves than the 12A185 or 2A629 stock 948 heads, and a
much better flowing combustion chamber (as well as larger, thus the lower CR
on a 948).
Just another alternative.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Huffaker 995cc race engine with 3/4 race cam that I would like to
lower the
compression on.  I have no desire to run race fuel.  I would like to run
premium pump
fuel.  It is a really beautiful engine with all of its original black crinkle
finish in
tact.  It was the engine from one of Frank Ince's old Bugeyes (The silver
1958).  Do they
make thicker than stock head gaskets for BMC A-series engines?

Thanks for any knowledge that you all have on this.

Mike Carpenter
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat
This!&#41;

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive