Re: [Spridgets] Starter

To: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Starter
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:34:57 -0500
>You DO have a good ground connection from the chassis to the engine, right?
>Stock was a braided cable that went from one of the trans-to-adapter plate

Those of you who suggested grounding problems got it  right.

My ground wire is up top out of the mud, from the battery negative connection
at the firewall to an easy-to-reach transmission bolt.  It looked perfect on
the surface.  But the threads inside the firewall were corroded.  I guess I
jostled it when I took out the heater box, and it lost contact.

Today, the parts guy at my FLAPS said I must be some kind of saint, because I
just keep struggling instead of pushing the thing into the bay and walking
away.  He has not heard me swearing in an unsaintly manner.

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive