Re: [Spridgets] Engine knock

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Engine knock
From: pcasey--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:11:15 +0000
Cc: Michael Rowe via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Michael- When did it knock, at idle, or only at higher rpms? -and did you
have good oil pressure at various engine speeds?  Just my $0.02, but if I was
trying to track the knock down, I would first check the top end: valve lash
(which would be an indicator of valve issues), worn rocker bushes, etc.  On the
bottom end, check each rod and main bearing clearance, one at at a time, with
plastigage, and while each rod is free, wiggle it around in all directions, and
up and down, to check for play/worn wristpin, or broken/damaged/excessively
worn piston.  Also check thrust bearing clearance (fore and aft).  Let us know
what you find-

Patrick
Kailua, HI

spridgets@autox.team.net