[Spridgets] VIN number issue

To: Spridget list <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] VIN number issue
From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:30:18 -0400
--===============1998244336988006599==
 boundary="------------090202080603010201040701"

--------------090202080603010201040701

On a Bugeye I am interested in, I have discovered an apparent anomaly in
the year and VIN. The car has no VIN plate but is considered to be a
1961 Mk1 and has been registered in two states as such. However, the VIN
is listed on both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made, what,
59,000 Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a '61 should have a
five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four digit
number is correct, it should be, I expect, maybe a '59.

Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way of
determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?

Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?

Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA

'72 Midget
'67 Midget Vintage Racer
Maybe a '59 or '61 Bugeye

--------------090202080603010201040701

  <head>

  </head>
        have discovered an apparent anomaly in the year and VIN. The car
        has no VIN plate but is considered to be a 1961 Mk1 and has been
        registered in two states as such. However, the VIN is listed on
        both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made, what, 59,000
        Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a '61 should have a
        five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four
        digit number is correct, it should be, I expect, maybe a '59. <br>
        Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way
        of determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?<br>
        Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?<br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA <br>
        '72 Midget<br>
        '67 Midget Vintage Racer<br>