Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: confirm “long string of numbers”

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: confirm “long string of numbers”
From: Jeff Foster via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 19:37:57 -0600
other email with such a link) recipients "downstream" can click that link
and with many (most?) email lists that results in the original recipient
being unsubscribed whether they want to or not. With Mark's system you have
to confirm your desire to unsubscribe specifically to avoid having people
removed without their permission.

If you get a email to confirm an unsubscribe request that you didn't
submit, simply delete and ignore the confirmation email; and rest assured
you're still in the loop.

I have certainly clicked those unsubscribe links to remove others from
other lists if they continually forward emails to me that I don't want.

I'm old school so I still edit my replies. ;)

I also still edit the recipient list so you don't get multiple copies. :)

Jeff Foster

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, Ron Soave via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> So basically there is a link at the end of every message that is a
> security threat If not actively altered? Why don=E2=80=99t you just take =
that out?
> Most people send and receive  literally thousands of emails a week and
> editing a reply is very 1997.
>
> Ron Soave

--00000000000075bdfd0598ff187a

There&#39;s nothing that constitutes a &quot;security threat&quot;, so remo=
scribe link. When people forward emails from this (or any other email with =
such a link) recipients &quot;downstream&quot; can click that link and with=
 many (most?) email lists that results in the original recipient being unsu=
bscribed whether they want to or not. With Mark&#39;s system you have to co=
nfirm your desire to unsubscribe specifically to avoid having people remove=
il to confirm an unsubscribe request that you didn&#39;t submit, simply del=
ete and ignore the confirmation email; and rest assured you&#39;re still in=
subscribe links to remove others from other lists if they continually forwa=
>I also still edit the recipient list so you don&#39;t get multiple copies.=
r 4, 2019, Ron Soave via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.te=
am.net">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gma=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">So basically there is a link at the end of every message that is a s=
ecurity threat If not actively altered? Why don=E2=80=99t you just take tha=
t out? Most people send and receive=C2=A0 literally thousands of emails a w=
eek and editing a reply is very 1997. <br>
Ron Soave<br>

--00000000000075bdfd0598ff187a--

--===============0152273410464173560==

spridgets@autox.team.net