Re: [Spridgets] Not Exactly Spridget Content

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Not Exactly Spridget Content
From: daredelvis--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:02:25 -0800
Cc: Spridgets via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-7FD9AE08-8BBD-449A-BF1D-F022E85CF94B
        charset=utf-8

That is a very nice looking use of six grand. Well done.=20
Brian

> On Dec 22, 2019, at 10:33 AM, Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Not a Spridget, but followed me home last night.  Really have no room for i=
t, but I could not resist a nice Christmas present to me.  Car cover on the w=
ay as there is no room in the garage with two Austin Healeys and a Harley Da=
vidson in a two car space.  The former owner requested Year of Manufacture (=
YOM) plates so it has the black with gold letter California plates.  The rea=
r plate has a 1969 sticker on it.  I guess since the plates were first issue=
d in 1963, subsequent years require the year of the car for a sticker.  Has n=
ot been registered since November 2018 and I have the 2018 sticker in an env=
elope in the car.  Not sure how this works though.  Is the 1969 sticker what=
 is supposed to be on the plate as long as there is a current registration? =
 Is the 2020 sticker I will be getting supposed to be on the plate when I ge=
t it?  I'm sure I will find out when I make that dreaded trip to the DMV aft=
er the holidays.
> Mike MacLean
>=20
> By the way, the former owner is a gentleman from the UK that came to the U=
S and sold HGTV to the network for big money.  He brought the channel over f=
rom the old country.  He sold this one because he bought another nicer one a=
nd is having a V6 put in it. I bought this one from his mechanic, the same g=
uy that did the R&R of my Datsun transmission in my Bugeye recently.  Not ba=
d for $6000 eh?  Runs great with a Weber, aluminum head and a long center br=
anch header.  Looking for an overdrive transmission for it now.
lvis@gmail.com

--Apple-Mail-7FD9AE08-8BBD-449A-BF1D-F022E85CF94B
        charset=utf-8

ir=3D"ltr"><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Dec 22, 2019, at 10:33 AM, Micha=
el MacLean via Spridgets &lt;spridgets@autox.team.net&gt; wrote:<br><br></bl=
s=3D"ydp5e5e39d7yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new y=
ork, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">No=
t a Spridget, but followed me home last night.&nbsp; Really have no room for=
 it, but I could not resist a nice Christmas present to me.&nbsp; Car cover o=
n the way as there is no room in the garage with two Austin Healeys and a Ha=
rley Davidson in a two car space.&nbsp; The former owner requested Year of M=
anufacture (YOM) plates so it has the black with gold letter California plat=
es.&nbsp; The rear plate has a 1969 sticker on it.&nbsp; I guess since the p=
lates were first issued in 1963, subsequent years require the year of the ca=
r for a sticker.&nbsp; Has not been registered since November 2018 and I hav=
e the 2018 sticker in an envelope in the car.&nbsp; Not sure how this works t=
hough.&nbsp; Is the 1969 sticker what is supposed to be on the plate as long=
 as there is a current registration?&nbsp; Is the 2020 sticker I will be get=
ting supposed to be on the plate when I get it?&nbsp; I'm sure I will find o=
ut when I make that dreaded trip to the DMV after the holidays.</div><div di=
r=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setd=
e former owner is a gentleman from the UK that came to the US and sold HGTV t=
o the network for big money.&nbsp; He brought the channel over from the old c=
ountry.&nbsp; He sold this one because he bought another nicer one and is ha=
ving a V6 put in it. I bought this one from his mechanic, the same guy that d=
id the R&amp;R of my Datsun transmission in my Bugeye recently.&nbsp; Not ba=
d for $6000 eh?&nbsp; Runs great with a Weber, aluminum head and a long cent=
er branch header.&nbsp; Looking for an overdrive transmission for it now.<br=
//www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets &nbsp;http://autox.team.net/archive</span=

--Apple-Mail-7FD9AE08-8BBD-449A-BF1D-F022E85CF94B--

--===============0364600464304247881==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============0364600464304247881==--