Re: [Spridgets] Progress!

To: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Progress!
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 00:18:54 -0400

----_com.lge.email_896123950998913
   charset=utf-8

Brake lights?First jump the switch and see if that works.  If that does it you
need a new switch.Next , with the switch jumped ( still no lights coming on)
use a test light or an ohm meter and see if you have power to the brake light
wires in the trunk.  If you do have power and still no brake light ?   Run
an external ground wire from something solid ( body sheet metal or from the
ground wire in the rear harness ) to the lamp base assembly.   If this ground
makes the brake lights come on , then it's a bad ground.   Also check the 2
bulbs!   I have chased down something like this only to find the bulbs
element was burned out.   Another thought is try tightening the nuts that
retain the lamp assembly to the body.  The stamped tin nuts have tiny little
sharp teeth on the edges of the washer looking part of the nut.   They cut
through body paint and create a ground through the 3 mounting studs.   From
sitting the lamp assembly might have lost their ground?  Just some food for
thought.   I just went through making parts from a bunch of difrent cars to
put the Midget's rear lights together and function.   Another thought, check
your rear harness ground to body.   It attaches around the rear plate inside
the trunk.  That does effect reverse lamps and plate lights.  Let us know
what does or does not work.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original
message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Apr 16, 2020 10:41
PMTo: Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Progress!I wrote last year that my 18
year old son had taken on the task of getting my old 1970 Midget back on the
road. He's done a ton of work on it, and today it moved under it's own power
for the first time since i parked it probably back in 2011. This was a car I
got from Frank C. after my long time daily driver 1969 Midget succumbed to
rust. My son has got some more work to do, but this quarantine has given him a
lot of time to work on it. We need to sort out the brake lights which aren't
working before he can take it out on the road. We tried a switch from our donor
car today but that did not fix the problem.Although he can't take out out on
the road until that is sorted, we do live at the end of a long gravel driveway
and here's a short video of him taking it for a short run down the drive
today.https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DqULTpWju/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link I
hope everyone is doing okay, staying healthy, and getting in some quality
Spridget time during this quarantine.Take care, Robert WeeksBlack Moon
Guitarshttps://blackmoonguitars.com/

----_com.lge.email_896123950998913
   charset=utf-8

</head>
dir="auto">First jump the switch and see if that works.&nbsp; If that does it
you need a new switch.</div><div dir="auto">Next , with the switch jumped (
still no lights coming on) use a test light or an ohm meter and see if you have
power to the brake light wires in the trunk.&nbsp; If you do have power and
still no brake light ?&nbsp; &nbsp;Run an external ground wire from something
solid ( body sheet metal or from the ground wire in the rear harness ) to the
lamp base assembly.&nbsp; &nbsp;If this ground makes the brake lights come on ,
then it's a bad ground.&nbsp; &nbsp;Also check the 2 bulbs!&nbsp; &nbsp;I have
chased down something like this only to find the bulbs element was burned
out.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Another thought is try tightening the
nuts that retain the lamp assembly to the body.&nbsp; The stamped tin nuts have
tiny little sharp teeth on the edges of the washer looking part of the
nut.&nbsp; &nbsp;They cut through body paint and create a ground through the 3
mounting studs.&nbsp; &nbsp;From sitting the lamp assembly might have lost
their ground?&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Just some food for
thought.&nbsp; &nbsp;I just went through making parts from a bunch of difrent
cars to put the Midget's rear lights together and function.&nbsp;
&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Another thought, check your rear harness ground to
body.&nbsp; &nbsp;It attaches around the rear plate inside the trunk.&nbsp;
That does effect reverse lamps and plate lights.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div
dir="auto">Let us know what does or does not work.</div><div
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via
Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net></spridgets@autox.team.net></div><div
son had taken on the task of getting my old 1970 Midget back on the road. He's
done a ton of work on it, and today it moved under it's own power for the first
time since i parked&nbsp;it&nbsp;probably back&nbsp;in 2011. This was a car I
got from Frank C. after my long time daily driver 1969 Midget succumbed&nbsp;to
rust. My son has got some more work to do, but this quarantine&nbsp;has given
him a lot of time to work on it. We need to sort out the brake lights which
aren't working before he can take it out on the road. We tried a switch from
our donor car today but that did not fix the problem.<br><br>Although he can't
take out&nbsp;out on the road until that is sorted, we do live at the end of a
long gravel driveway and here's a short video of him taking it for a short run
down the drive today.<br><br><span
style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,&quot;Segoe
 UI&quot;,Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px"><a
 hope everyone is doing okay, staying healthy, and getting in some quality
clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"
data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Robert Weeks<div>Black Moon
Guitars</div><div><a href="https://blackmoonguitars.com/";

----_com.lge.email_896123950998913--

--===============6742510781949154949==

spridgets@autox.team.net