[Spridgets] Trunk lid hinges ?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Trunk lid hinges ?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 02:02:51 -0400
Cc: "EasternOshitGroup@groups.io" <EasternOshitGroup@groups.io>

----_com.lge.email_586117986309680
   charset=utf-8

Try to not ramble..too much.Before the Midget got painted , the trunk lid was
not bolted on the hinges.  I simply put it on the car and it fit all the way
around with no high or low spots.  Fast forward.  Painted the car with trunk
lid off & painted the lid separately.    Paint dries and I bolt the lid on
and put a new weatherstrip on the body .   close the lid and it fits the
opening but sits high on the left side.  Today I had the car outside and I
was checking my completed work on the fabrication and installation of the fuel
cell and noticed something I never saw before.  The left hinge is shimmed
which would move it downward .   I never saw a spridget trunk hinge
shimmed.   Now I am wondering if it needs more shims to drop the left side of
the lid down to fit thr opening it fit before being bolted to the hinges.
 Has anyone had to shim a trunk hinge before?Yes the car has the telescopic
support.  And up to today I had guessed I have a bent car from someone trying
to close the trunk lid without releasing the support.  Now after seeing the
left hinge shimmed , I am wondering if it's a shim problem not a bent car body
or trunk lid.1 more thing!  The lid that is on the car is not the lid that was
with / on the car when Frank bought it.  That lid had too much damage to
attempt using.   Thoughts?  Ideas?   It would be nice if the left side of
the lid sat down like it did before I bolted it to the hinges....ChuckSent from
my LG Mobile
----_com.lge.email_586117986309680
   charset=utf-8

</head>
much.</div><div dir="auto">Before the Midget got painted , the trunk lid was
not bolted on the hinges.&nbsp; I simply put it on the car and it fit all the
way around with no high or low spots.&nbsp; Fast forward.&nbsp; Painted the car
with trunk lid off &amp; painted the lid separately.&nbsp; &nbsp; Paint dries
and I bolt the lid on and put a new weatherstrip on the body .&nbsp;
&nbsp;close the lid and it fits the opening but sits high on the left
side.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Today I had the car outside and I was
checking my completed work on the fabrication and installation of the fuel cell
and noticed something I never saw before.&nbsp; The left hinge is shimmed which
would move it downward .&nbsp; &nbsp;I never saw a spridget trunk hinge
shimmed.&nbsp; &nbsp;Now I am wondering if it needs more shims to drop the left
side of the lid down to fit thr opening it fit before being bolted to the
hinges.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Has anyone had to shim a trunk hinge
before?</div><div dir="auto">Yes the car has the telescopic support.&nbsp; And
up to today I had guessed I have a bent car from someone trying to close the
trunk lid without releasing the support.&nbsp; Now after seeing the left hinge
shimmed , I am wondering if it's a shim problem not a bent car body or trunk
lid.</div><div dir="auto">1 more thing!&nbsp; The lid that is on the car is not
the lid that was with / on the car when Frank bought it.&nbsp; That lid had too
much damage to attempt using.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Thoughts?&nbsp;
Ideas?&nbsp; &nbsp;It would be nice if the left side of the lid sat down like
it did before I bolted it to the hinges....</div><div

----_com.lge.email_586117986309680--

--===============9132569601276685749==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============9132569601276685749==--