[Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal
From: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:57:30 -0400

--000000000000f5412e05aef94dca

Hi All,

I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the Midget
that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through.

After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust proof
them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the floor or
carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that nothing will
totally stop rust, but what are the best products to help these last for as
long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on cars,
but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a bunch of different
rust encapsulating and coating products and I guess there is
powdercoating but my wife might not like me suing our oven for that.

In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is there any product
or solution that is clearly better than the others?

Thanks,

Robert

--000000000000f5412e05aef94dca

n a decent set of seat frames for the Midget that my son has been working o=
n. The old ones were rusted through. <br><br>After we sandblast these, what=
 is the best way to attempt to rust proof them? Since the backs of the fram=
es set basically against the floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rus=
t through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what are the bes=
t products to=C2=A0help these last for as long as possible? I remember POR =
15 from back when I was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see =
Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating produc=
ts and I guess there is powdercoating=C2=A0but my wife might not like me su=
ing our oven for that.<br><br>In any event, what are people using nowadays =

--===============4628129907856451372==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============4628129907856451372==--