Re: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal

To: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:47:05 -0400

----_com.lge.email_5168001516450203
   charset=utf-8

I hate to go on record saying this.   If you get the frames blasted , first
rattle can primer , follow that with a good brushed on cost of Rustoleum semi
flat black.  Let them sun dry ( bake) and do not look back from there!They are
seat frames , not to be seen once covered by upholstery.   Rustoleum will
preserve the metal nicely at a reasonable price.ChuckSent from my LG
Mobile------ Original message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Thu,
Sep 10, 2020 1:58 PMTo: Spridgets List;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Rustproofing
sandblasted metalHi All,I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat
frames for the Midget that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted
through. After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust
proof them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the floor or
carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that nothing will
totally stop rust, but what are the best products to help these last for as
long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on cars, but
that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust
encapsulating and coating products and I guess there is powdercoating but my
wife might not like me suing our oven for that.In any event, what are people
using nowadays for this? Is there any product or solution that is clearly
better than the others?Thanks,Robert

----_com.lge.email_5168001516450203
   charset=utf-8

</head>
this.&nbsp; &nbsp;If you get the frames blasted , first rattle can primer ,
follow that with a good brushed on cost of Rustoleum semi flat black.&nbsp; Let
them sun dry ( bake) and do not look back from there!</div><div dir="auto">They
are seat frames , not to be seen once covered by upholstery.&nbsp;
&nbsp;Rustoleum will preserve the metal nicely at a reasonable price.</div><div
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via
Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net></spridgets@autox.team.net></div><div
finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the Midget that my
son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through. <br><br>After we
sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust proof them? Since the
backs of the frames set basically against the floor or carpeting, they are very
prone to rust through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what are
the best products to&nbsp;help these last for as long as possible? I remember
POR 15 from back when I was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see
Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating products
and I guess there is powdercoating&nbsp;but my wife might not like me suing our
oven for that.<br><br>In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is

--===============2902795407382628063==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============2902795407382628063==--