[Spridgets] My new Bugeye project

To: Spridget list <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] My new Bugeye project
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 19:45:10 -0500

--000000000000d9998b05b47f28b9

Hi List,
I hope everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now
hybrid meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but
all on line. Grading is also all on line which takes forever but I'm just
grateful to have a job. Now back to business.

I have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of which went into temporary storage when it
arrived last year, sold to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from a
member. Now that my temporary storage is gone I have to do something with
it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be
replaced but didn't realize the passenger door is 1/2" from closing and the
drivers door won't open past 8". I'll suspect structural damage. It appears
the spring plates are OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title
is in my name, no keys.

My residential neighborhood doesn't allow cars without insurance,
registration and must move on their own. Therefore putting it in the
driveway is out of the question but I might need to sneak it in. I put a
For Sale sign on it where it's located and loads of calls and even a fair
offer no where near what I have in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer
bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I have too much money in it
now. I think this little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I'm
looking for suggestions/answers etc.

When the doors won't open or close what damage is down the road for me?

Should I part it out?

Am I capable of the work on a shoestring budget being I can weld and have
my own MIG and torch setup?

Anyone in NJ looking for a project?

Open to anything, the stress is keeping me from needed sleep.
Linda
--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--000000000000d9998b05b47f28b9

gmail-gt" style=3D"margin:8px 0px 0px;padding:0px;font-family:Roboto,Roboto=
Draft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"><div id=3D"gmail-:30z" class=3D"gmail-a3s=
 gmail-aiL"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div>I hope everyone is safe and well,=
 I&#39;m still teaching high school and now hybrid=C2=A0meaning most of the=
 students are at home some in my classroom but all on line. Grading is also=
 all on line which takes=C2=A0forever but I&#39;m just grateful=C2=A0to hav=
e Sprite of which went into temporary storage when it arrived last year, so=
ld to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from=C2=A0a member. Now that my t=
emporary storage is gone I have to do something with it. I have zero more w=
eeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn&#39;t r=
ealize the passenger door is 1/2&quot; from closing and the drivers door wo=
n&#39;t open past 8&quot;. I&#39;ll suspect structural damage. It appears t=
he spring plates are OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title is=
ighborhood doesn&#39;t allow cars without insurance, registration and must =
move on their own. Therefore putting it in the driveway is out=C2=A0of the =
question but I might need=C2=A0to sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it =
where it&#39;s located and loads of calls and even a fair offer no where=C2=
=A0near what I have in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer bailed. A stor=
age unit is too expensive and I have too much money in it now. I think this=
 little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I&#39;m looking for suggest=
a shoestring budget being I can=C2=A0weld and have my own MIG and torch set=
"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici=
mail-gt" id=3D"gmail-:2pg" style=3D"font-family:Roboto,RobotoDraft,Helvetic=
mail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;Pay =
/div></div></div>

--000000000000d9998b05b47f28b9--

--===============6363603123933321240==

spridgets@autox.team.net