Re: [Spridgets] My new Bugeye project

To: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] My new Bugeye project
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:33:05 -0500

----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560
   charset=utf-8

Door hinges sieze rather easily.   Start by soaking them and
wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO NOT FORCE them.  From past experience removing the 4
door to hinge screws is easier than getting the screws out of the cowel.
 You may only have 1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.  With door off the hinge
you can clamp a vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.    If the
hinge can be unbolted from cowel & door , they respond rather well to heating
up ( do not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and wiggling them to
free up.  Then soak them with penetrating oil to finish freeing them up.   I
have saved a few siezed hinges this way.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------
Original message------From: Linda Grunthaner via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Nov 19,
2020 7:45 PMTo: Spridget list;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] My new Bugeye projectHi
List,I hope everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now
hybrid meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but all
on line. Grading is also all on line which takes forever but I'm just
grateful to have a job. Now back to business.I have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of
which went into temporary storage when it arrived last year, sold to me as
stored in a barn for 40 years from a member. Now that my temporary storage is
gone I have to do something with it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I
knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn't realize the passenger door is
1/2" from closing and the drivers door won't open past 8". I'll suspect
structural damage. It appears the spring plates are OK, the original engine
turns by hand and the title is in my name, no keys. My residential
neighborhood doesn't allow cars without insurance, registration and must move
on their own. Therefore putting it in the driveway is out of the question but
I might need to sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it where it's located
and loads of calls and even a fair offer no where near what I have in it but
with a deposit. Then the buyer bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I
have too much money in it now. I think this little Bugeye is too much for me
right now and I'm looking for suggestions/answers etc.When the doors won't open
or close what damage is down the road for me? Should I part it out?Am I
capable of the work on a shoestring budget being I can weld and have my own
MIG and torch setup?Anyone in NJ looking for a project?Open to anything, the
stress is keeping me from needed sleep.Linda-- "Pay if forward" in honor of
Frank Clarici III, Spritenut-- "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III,
Spritenut

----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560
   charset=utf-8

</head>
easily.&nbsp; &nbsp;Start by soaking them and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO NOT
FORCE them.&nbsp; From past experience removing the 4 door to hinge screws is
easier than getting the screws out of the cowel.&nbsp; &nbsp;You may only have
1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.&nbsp; With door off the hinge you can clamp a
vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.&nbsp; &nbsp; If the hinge can
be unbolted from cowel &amp; door , they respond rather well to heating up ( do
not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and wiggling them to free
up.&nbsp; Then soak them with penetrating oil to finish freeing them up.&nbsp;
&nbsp;I have saved a few siezed hinges this way.</div><div
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Linda Grunthaner via
Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net></spridgets@autox.team.net></div><div
class="gmail-ii gmail-gt" style="margin:8px 0px
0px;padding:0px;font-family:Roboto,RobotoDraft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"><div
id="gmail-:30z" class="gmail-a3s gmail-aiL"><div dir="ltr">Hi List,<div>I hope
everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now
hybrid&nbsp;meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but
all on line. Grading is also all on line which takes&nbsp;forever but I'm just
have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of which went into temporary storage when it arrived
last year, sold to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from&nbsp;a member. Now
that my temporary storage is gone I have to do something with it. I have zero
more weeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn't
realize the passenger door is 1/2" from closing and the drivers door won't open
past 8". I'll suspect structural damage. It appears the spring plates are OK,
the original engine turns by hand and the title is in my name,&nbsp;no
cars without insurance, registration and must move on their own. Therefore
putting it in the driveway is out&nbsp;of the question but I might need&nbsp;to
sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it where it's located and loads of calls
and even a fair offer no where&nbsp;near what I have in it but with a deposit.
Then the buyer bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I have too much
money in it now. I think this little Bugeye is too much for me right now and
doors won't open or close what damage is down the road for
being I can&nbsp;weld and have my own MIG and torch
from needed sleep.</div><font
dir="ltr">"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III,
id="gmail-:2pg"
style="font-size:small">"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III,

----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560--

--===============4494929318544872531==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============4494929318544872531==--