[Spridgets] Tags

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tags
From: David Doiron via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 12:08:10 -0700 (MST)

Weslake1330 wrote:
So the tag is what I'd call the number plate

Kent McLean wrote:
Correct. Also called a license plate.

I respectfully disagree.
Kent is revealing his Eastern bias...Tag is a misused term.
Tags were the stickers, separate from the plates.

So now that the definition of Tags has become corrupted, fewer
people use the term anymore.

I understand that language is a living thing but it is not
useful when words get re-defined by misuse. Bad now means good,
sick means exceptional, graffiti is now tagging instead of
vandalism, etc, etc.

YMMV
W David Doiron

spridgets@autox.team.net