[Spridgets] Interference

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Interference
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 11:40:47 -0700

--000000000000344e2c05de481565

When I rebuilt my 1275 for the Bugeye I converted to belt drive for
timing.  Keeps the timing spot on.  It occurs to me that like other cars
the timing belt has a limited life and must be changed.  To be honest the
instructions did not say when this should occur as far as I can remember.
To be fair, the rebuilt engine has only a little over 3K miles on it, but
the question arises about valve interference if the belt breaks.  To my
knowledge, I don't think so, but I have been proven wrong before.  Anyone
know if a 1275 would be an interference engine if the belt broke?
Mike MacLean

--000000000000344e2c05de481565

 drive for timing.=C2=A0 Keeps the timing spot on.=C2=A0 It occurs to me th=
at like other cars the timing belt has a limited life and must be changed.=
=C2=A0 To be honest the instructions did not say when this should occur as =
far as I can remember.=C2=A0 To be fair, the rebuilt engine has only a litt=
le over 3K miles on it, but the question arises about valve interference if=
 the belt breaks.=C2=A0 To my knowledge, I don&#39;t think so, but I have b=
een proven wrong before.=C2=A0 Anyone know if a 1275 would be an interferen=

--000000000000344e2c05de481565--

--===============3304925168764606028==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============3304925168764606028==--