Re: [Spridgets] Texas OSHIT Week 2 recap

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Texas OSHIT Week 2 recap
From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 12:41:34 -0600

--000000000000f2a4cb05e0531f57

The pulley is solid Aluminum, cam timing is spot on with the crank, timing
mark on the new pulley was likewise spot on. When I put a pointer on the
5/16" bolt of hte timing cover, I marked the pulley beneath it with the
timing mark on TDC, turned the engine and filed the mark into the pulley.
There shouldn't be any question as to the alignment, but when running the
dynamic timing light (on Cylinder #1), the mark is ~ 45=C2=B0 down (as in
retarded or c'clockwise). When its lined up with the timing mark, it's
OBVIOUSLY NOT correct.
It's now timed by ear and runs well AFAIK.
Yes, it has a pertronix, but I'm not sure how that would affect the spark
timing as it relates to the pulley TDC marks.
Its a puzzle which I'm anxious to know the solution to.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000f2a4cb05e0531f57

ith the crank, timing mark on the new pulley was likewise spot on. When I p=
ut a pointer on the 5/16&quot; bolt of hte timing cover, I marked the pulle=
y beneath it with the timing mark on TDC, turned the engine and filed the m=
ark into the pulley. There shouldn&#39;t be any question as to the alignmen=
t, but when running the dynamic timing light (on Cylinder #1), the mark is =
~ 45=C2=B0 down (as in retarded or c&#39;clockwise). When its lined up with=
 but I&#39;m not sure how that would affect the spark timing as it relates =
class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"lt=

--000000000000f2a4cb05e0531f57--

--===============0291477716944942888==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============0291477716944942888==--