Re: [Spridgets] Jeff Kelly

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Jeff Kelly
From: David Woerpel via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:48:21 -0600

--------------Gq0uE20hrii910bjm2QiGH7A

Thank you Stan for the update.

To Don and the rest:  Terri and I are very saddened by the news of one
of the "good ones" crossing to the other side.  May Jeff find a special
Spridget garage there.  We first met Jeff and Mary at Lake of the Ozarks
for the 50th.  Terri has fond memories of Mary befriending her while
most of us were playing with cars (Thank you Mary!).  We could not
believe the distance they had driven to get there with that red Bugeye
with the Bimini top (I still want one!). Jeff always had time for pests
like me wanting to learn more and talk Sprites and I shall miss that;
especially getting together at the DuPage County swap meet.  While I
don't race and can't get to a lot of the events, I follow you all
closely.  Jeff is(not was) an example of the Spirit that flows through
us all as we endeavor to keep our little cars on the road & track.  Rest
in Peace my friend; you've earned it.
With condolences,
Dave and Terri Woerpel

1959 :{)
1959 MGA 1500
Waukesha WI
"Pay It Forward"

On 12/6/2022 3:10 PM, stanbmason--- via Spridgets wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I was informed by his son Don that his
> Dad Jeff Kelly passed away recently from an aggressive form of cancer
> at age 85.
>
> Don asked me to inform SMRS friends of his passing and put it in my
> own words.
>
> Jeff was loved by all in the SMRS paddock from his constant laughter
> and joy of being in a racing environment and usually would be seen
> adjusting Donâ??s SUs and helping Don make the next session or race
> weekend.  Jeff and his wonderful wife Mary were always a great example
> of what a married couple should be trying to out laugh each other.
> Racing Bug Eye Sprites was always a Kelly family tradition starting
> with Jeff racing SCCA 1971-84.  He had 2 Bug Eyes he raced and Don
> continues to Vintage Race one of them.  The other was converted back
> to the street in 2008 in time to enjoy the 50^th reunion of Sprites.
> Both Mary and Jeff in their 80s could be found in their Bug Eye making
> it to Donâ??s races in the heat of the Midwest Summer.  I will always
> remember the day that Don completed his VSCDA Driver School at
> Gingerman with his Dad by his side hugging him with great joy.  Our
> thoughts and prayers are with the Kelly family.  Jeff will be missed,
> but never forgotten.  RIP my friend.
> Stan Mason
>
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive

--------------Gq0uE20hrii910bjm2QiGH7A

  <head>
  </head>
    Thank you Stan for the update.  <br>
    To Don and the rest:  Terri and I are very saddened by the news of
    one of the "good ones" crossing to the other side.  May Jeff find a
    special Spridget garage there.  We first met Jeff and Mary at Lake
    of the Ozarks for the 50th.  Terri has fond memories of Mary
    befriending her while most of us were playing with cars (Thank you
    Mary!).  We could not believe the distance they had driven to get
    there with that red Bugeye with the Bimini top (I still want one!).
    Jeff always had time for pests like me wanting to learn more and
    talk Sprites and I shall miss that; especially getting together at
    the DuPage County swap meet.  While I don't race and can't get to a
    lot of the events, I follow you all closely.  Jeff is(not was) an
    example of the Spirit that flows through us all as we endeavor to
    keep our little cars on the road &amp; track.  Rest in Peace my
    friend; you've earned it.<br>
    With condolences,<br>
    Dave and Terri Woerpel<br>
    1959 :{)<br>
    1959 MGA 1500<br>
    Waukesha WI<br>
    "Pay It Forward"<br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:348029729.1651395.1670361000215@mail.yahoo.com">
          informed by his son Don
          that his Dad Jeff Kelly passed away recently from an
          aggressive form of cancer
          at age 85.<o:p></o:p></div>
          his passing and put
          it in my own words.<o:p></o:p></div>
          from his constant
          laughter and joy of being in a racing environment and usually
          would be seen adjusting
          Donâ??s SUs and helping Don make the next session or race
          weekend.  Jeff and his wonderful wife Mary were always
          a great example of what a married couple should be trying to
          out laugh each
          other.  Racing Bug Eye Sprites was always
          a Kelly family tradition starting with Jeff racing SCCA
          1971-84.  He had 2 Bug Eyes he raced and Don continues to
          Vintage Race one of them.  The other was
          converted back to the street in 2008 in time to enjoy the
50<sup>th</sup>
          reunion of Sprites.  Both Mary and Jeff
          in their 80s could be found in their Bug Eye making it to
          Donâ??s races in the
          heat of the Midwest Summer.  I will
          always remember the day that Don completed his VSCDA Driver
          School at Gingerman
          with his Dad by his side hugging him with great joy.  Our
          thoughts and prayers are with the Kelly
          family.  Jeff will be missed, but never
          forgotten.  RIP my friend.<o:p></o:p></div>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>