Re: Merry Christmas

To: Black Bart <blackbart@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
From: Bill Dalton <billd13@essex1.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:37:46 -0600
Black Bart wrote:

>                           Merry Christmas All!
>
> Our "little" list has grown to over 60 subscribers!  Thank you all for
> signing up.
>
> Now, the real vintage race has its own record of race teams and names, etc
>etc.
>
> I would like to keep track of the Teams/Cars/People of "our" list.
>
> If you would, please send your team name, car(s) type, and general
> geographic area.
>
> (if your not on a race team, send me the details anyway...we can make just
> about any car into a racer.....)
>
>        Thank you, and again, on Behalf of Team Thicko...Merry Christmas!
>
> Gary aka Black Bart
> TT-MOD
Gar

Merry Christmas to you guys.

As you know, I do not have a race team or "race" car. However the Boss
has lapped Blackhawk-with in car video for proof- at 1:53 without
exceeding 5000 rpm- while touring- Must not get caught doing too fast a
time in touring or spin as Elmo's car did at RA!!

I also hold the lap record for vintage tow trucks at Blackhawk-before
the chicane was added- so this one will never be broken- set in 1989 and
including a spin in turn 6, while going to the scene of an incident at
turn 7.

As for which classes the cars would have to compete in, The Boss
competes in class 6T- 6 touring, the Mach 1 in 6U - 6 unprepared, the GT
would have to go in 9X and, the Big Black Beast has been considered for
use as a lead urban assault vehicle by the Vulture, however since it was
not available at IRP, a brand "X" 2WD car hauler was substituted in
1996.

These vehicles are all located in a heavily defended area of North
Central Illinois currently snuggled up in their heated sleeping places
after our 6" snow on Christmas Eve.