Re: Promotion, etc

To: Thom Kuby <thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Promotion, etc
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 21:07:25 -0500

--
uncle jack in frigid iowa
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer

If we take the position "if you don't like it, stay home", it closes the
door to all discussion and says we can never change anything. I'd rather
think that discussion can result in improvement. In my previous
paragraph I distinguished between what I thought was more agreeable and
less agreeable.

And, where profit is a consideration, generally the participants are
compensated --

Local circle tracks - prize money down to 20th place
Indy cars - prize money down to last place
Formula 1 - appearance money for all, I think
Golf - prize money pretty far down in the field
Tennis - prize money for most participants
Baseball, football, basketball - pays the players

Exceptions like high school sports are non profit and are another
situation entirely.
College sports could be debated

And I'll admit to the brain being old, but its rounded off gears are
still engaged.