[Fwd: Jim]

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Jim]
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 19:31:59 -0600
--------------0477B8EEFBE7DA4662A702F0

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 15:44:10 -0600
From: Judy Bishop <judy.bishop@vms.csd.mu.edu>
Subject: Re: Jim
To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>

At 06:58 AM 12/29/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Judy,
>
>I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties that Jim is facing. I think
>it was August when I saw him at the tire store in Northbrook. I
>recognized him as he walked accross the parking lot. At the time, I
>mentioned that I would be racing "the Bishop" at LeMans next year as
>part of a support race for the 24 Hour event. Unfortunately, after major
>sponsorship was set up, and many people spent thousands of dollars in
>preparation, the Healey race was canceled due to a televesion schedule
>conflict with the French Tennis Open.
>
>I do expect to have "the Bishop" back on the road in street trim this
>year. Perhaps when the weather gets better Jim would like a ride?
>
>Please stay in touch. You might be receiving a few e-mails from some of
>the racing and Healey communities. Our race team web site is at
><http://www.thicko.com>. Also, this address is the best to reach
>me....<wsthompson@thicko.com>. Please take care and give Jim our
>regards.
>
>WST
>
>Hi-

How thoughtful of you to send out the word about Jim.  He has received 6
emails from Wis. Hawaii and Iowa!!  He was really touched by the comments
and the fact people sent words of encouragement.  This email stuff is
unbelievable. !
After going over your web site, I hve sent the address to Jim's sister in Hot
Springs Village in Ark.  Both of Jim's parents are there at age 87 and 89.
>And our son in Cal. got it too.  His year old son has a web page!!
I only hope Jim will be able to go for that ride in the spring.  I know he
will want to.  He sure did have a grin in the pictures.  He has talked about
you and the car alot.  In fact he had said he wanted to get together for
breakfast some time; that was before the stroke.
He sure couldn't do the clutch now.  He is improving slowly and goes to
rehab 5 days a week now.  He is at home now .

Thanks so much.  And I like your website.

Judy Bishop

--------------0477B8EEFBE7DA4662A702F0--