Re: animal clubs, tec.

To: wsthompson@thicko.com
Subject: Re: animal clubs, tec.
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:08:52 PST

> To all,
>
> I need your help here.... I'm sure some of you guys are wacky enough to
> belong to some the "animal clubs"... Moose Lodge, Elks... the Masons,
> Shriners... hell even the Jaycees.

"Any organization that would have me as a member, I want no part of."
--- Groucho Marx  ;=)

> What I need is some of the lofty jargon... the titles, etc. "Most
> Holy"... "Royal Order of", "Grand Pubah"...

I think that's "LOYAL Order of ..." Here's a few that come to mind.
Note the class hierarchy of longer title == more importance. <G>

His Royal Majesty and Defender of the Faith ...
Lord High Chancellor of ...
Exalted Knights of ...
Lord Minister of ...
Right Honorable ...
Duly Appointed ...
Esteemed ...
Worthy ...
Noble ...

Note that Pubah is currently being used by the RE of the SCCA SF Region.
The British car freaks on team.net are referred to as the Scions of Lucas
(SOL).