Team Thicko at Eastern Creek

To: <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Team Thicko at Eastern Creek
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:32:38 -0800
I finally got around to loading up a photo of me and my bugeye
at the Eastern Creek six hour relay race. It sported the TT stickers
kindly sent by WST. I spent over two hours on the track, half in damp
conditions, half in the dry.

I managed to have a huge spin at the 120mph turn 1. The line was
dry but it was wet off line. I passed another competitor on the entry
to the turn but the slightly narrower entry saw me drift about 12" too
wide and the rear wheels were on the wet stuff. I fought the car for
a couple of hundred metres but ended up absolutely covered in mud!!!!

After a clean up, I went out for the 2nd session later in the day
but because of the race format I ended up having to try very hard
to go slow enough.

If people are curious I could explain.

The photo is at http://www.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/hicr/eastcrk1.htm

Also, I have finally added some photos of the Healey International
Commemorative Race at Mt Panorama. As well as some racing shots
there is a photo of the cars on the start line, and a shot of all the cars
and drivers!

That is at http://www.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/hicr/index.htm

Mike