VSCDA Circle City Fall Finale

To: "vintage race list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: VSCDA Circle City Fall Finale
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 11:49:30 -0500
To all,

October 8-10 brings the VSCDA's Circle City Fall Finale to Indianapolis
Raceway Park, http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/IRP.html.

IRP is a really fun track to drive, where clusters of turns make it possible
to set up a pass 3 turns earlier. The surface is bumpy in spots, but for the
most part, it's a wide open track with lots of runoff. One exception to this
is the entry back to the main straight, which also doubles as the 1/4
dragstrip for this NHRA owned facility. It's a FAST track.

Spectator seating gives a great view of much of the track. The trackside
amenities are quite good. Food is better than edible as well.

Track time is abundant at this event...up to 4 1/2 hours depending on your
group. This is the last driving event of the year for the VSCDA. Chuck AKA
"Lumpy Rutherford" Maranto, cmaranto@midlink.com, is the race director for
this event... and a team Thicko Member. Chuck owns the Elva used by Elvis in
"Viva Las Vegas". (Get me another sanwhich, Sonny Red...).

Thicko Village will be a monumental gathering, with contiguous canopies
providing shelter from the sometime cruel October weather. Expect
ritualistic animal sacrifices and live music. Please contact our Minister of
Food and Beverage, Jim AKA "Elmo Mancini... the Meatball Magnate from
Logantucky" Donato for Thicko Village reservations...
elmomancini@thicko.com.

We'll be accomplishing the now famous Thicko Land Grab on Thursday, the 7th.

Any questions regarding VSCDA, please contact Judy Cull at vscda@iserv.net.

Wm. Severin Thompson
Flounder
Team Thicko