Re: Brakes - rear wheel cylinders on Spridgets

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes - rear wheel cylinders on Spridgets
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:10:11 -0400
On 24 Oct 99, at 19:22, Mike Gigante wrote:

> You may know this already, but you need to check your wheel cylinders for
> signs that the seals have not been overheated.

You might also think about why they overheated. Might have something to do
with an overtight or otherwise dragging shoes.

> Today, I had total brake failure at the end of the fast (7200 rpm, 3.9
> diff) front straight at Sandown.

> The wheel cylinders got too hot and the seal failed.

This might happen at anytime they get too hot for some reason...

> When I hit the brakes, the  pedal went to the floor and wouldn't pump up.

So, do you have the original single, or a dual master sylinder? Sounds like a
single. This is why most organizations in these parts require an update to a
dual or split master cylinder of some sort- So your rears go out, you still
have
front brakes.

rg