Re: Trailer Sway

To: Zeke5550@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Trailer Sway
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 22:22:43 -0400
On 27 Oct 99, at 21:18, Zeke5550@aol.com wrote:

> I am hauling a 16' enclosed trailer with a Bugeye & race stuff inside.
> The car and stuff is probably about 1 ton and the trailer about the same.
> I have an equalizer hitch on a '96 Blazer and tend to get some swaying
> feeling from time to time.  I think the trailer is oscillating slightly
> from side to side (leaning a little left and them a little right).  I do
> have a friction sway bar which does seem to help.
>
> Is there some type of shock kit that I can add to the trailer?

Check out the anti-sway dampers from JC Whitney. They are basicly a linear
brake device - one end mounts on the trailer tounge, the other along the hitch
on the truck. I got one a few years back, helps tremendously with sway,
including the one caused by the suck when you pass an 18 wheeler, or a bit
of wind. They go for something like $150, and stabilize the ride very nicely.

 Roger Garnett  (rwg@autox.team.net)  http://www.team.net/wayward/
 Team.net Webmaster  http://www.team.net/