MG/Triumph Clash/Challenge at Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net,
Subject: MG/Triumph Clash/Challenge at Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:23:52 EST
Triumph Racers.....and our good MG friends...

....while I dont have many details at this point, the MG/TR event is
definitely going to be held as discussed earlier.

Due to the enormous success of this event, Mark Palmer and I were approached
by Track and SVRA immediately following the Clash last year. Of course
economics play greatly into this.  These are the cars that the 'great
unwashed' love to see. Also there is a great concentration of people who love
these little British cars. I have started to spread the word among our
contacts on the club scene.

I hope everyone can put this on their calendar.

I am pressing for as many TR based Specials as we can get. Thunderbolt is a
foregone conclusion, At least one Ambro plans to be there, and the Arnold
Special's owner is giving it some consideration. Yup, there will be a great
looking Devin Special entered.  If you know of any others, please invite them
or let me know.

You guys that publish magazines and or write, I think we can have some press
releases made up by SVRA and Mid-Ohio and raise the awareness of this event.
GRM, Victory Lane,& Triumph World come to mind immediately....perhaps Road &
Track.

More details later.

Best regards

Joe Alexander
Friends of Triumph

<< We are looking forward to the MG/Tri challenge at M-O and I'll be in touch
to review details from my meeting with the track.
 Thanks,
 Claire Schueler
 SVRA >>