Re: An M3-engined Healey? Yeah!

To: Mike Rosen <mikerosen@home.com>
Subject: Re: An M3-engined Healey? Yeah!
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:56:02 +0000
Mike Rosen wrote:

> Lena wrote:
>
> >  I liked it too.  Bet it won't leak oil, though.
> >
> >   Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu> wrote:
> > "swindrace@aol.com" wrote:
>
> And remember...that's why the Brits never built a computer...because they
> couldn't get it to leak oil. (and for all you really twisted geeks out
> there...the Sinclair doesn't count...the membrane keyboard precluded leaks)
>
> Mike

Ah, well....I don't suppose any of you folks are old enough to remember the days
before transistors and chips. Vacuum tubes in those days with wierd and
wonderful
little bits inside  -- filament, grid, and plate. Resistor on the grid circuit
was called the grid leak........I rumored to have been invented by the
Brits............I'm not going to tell you that each one had a little bitty drip
pan under it.........

Sorry -- too long an explanation for too poor a punch line..........

--

uncle jack and New Blue

///